Senior Java Developer
- 5+ years commercial experience with Java development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field of study
- Track record of working in Scrum / Agile software teams
- At least Intermediate spoken and written English
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java server-side code
- Integrate data storage solutions, which may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers through server-side logic
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)
- Java 8
- Spring stack (Core, Boot, MVC, Security, Data JPA, Data Elasticsearch)
- Expirience in AWS integration is a plus (Cognito, S3, RDS, SQS etc.)
About Our Client
- Our client has developed an initial mobile broadcasting platform that enables users to discover interesting events around the world and collaboratively capture amazing moments through shared media.
- Currently the per-MVP version is being tested with a small cohort of users internationally .
- Our client is a well-funded business that is primarily located in Portland Oregon.
About the Project
- Our team will be involved in building the “MVP” -- the first version of the platform.
- One goal of MVP is to launch all of the crucial features as identified by the client .
- Another goal of MVP is build the platform using Microservices Architecture.
- Newfire Partners has a scrum team on the project and is growing because our previous successes. The founders of Newfire Partners are hands-on with this client and the project -- ensuring success and helping avoid misunderstandings.
- The project is managed with typical Scrum / Agile methodologies.
- Some Newfire Partners team members will occasionally travel to Portland Oregon to meet with the client. (If needed, Newfire Partners can help secure the appropriate travel visas.)